If you can’t afford to give a monetary donation this year, but would still like to help, we need volunteers for many of the aid stations for the Honolulu Marathon Race Readiness Series. If you are able to help with any of these (and/or have friends or family members that can join you) your time is worth $10 per hour worked as a donation to the Leukemia Society!
Here are the races, dates and times that we need volunteers:
- Sun, August 14, 5am to 8am – ING Direct Norman Tamanaha 15K – in Honolulu
- Sun, September 4, 5am to 9am – Runner’s HI 20K – in Kapolei
- Sun, October 2, 4:30am to 9:30am – ING Direct 25K – in Kailua
- Sun, October 23, 4am to 9:30am – PF Chang’s 30K – in Honolulu
- November 6, 4:30am to 9am – Val Nolasco Half Marathon – in Honolulu
Working at an aid station is actually a really exciting way to participate in these races. You’ll help pass out water and sports drink to runners passing by and help cheer them on! You also receive a t-shirt in exchange for your time. Please let me know if you’d like to help!