Here’s a great deal that’s coming up next weekend! For a $10 donation, you will get a ticket to Macy’s Community Shopping day, which gives you 10-20% off most items in the store, plus $10 off a $25 purchase! (So it pays for itself right there!) 100% of my ticket sales go to the Leukemia Society, so if you would like to buy one or are able to help me sell any, please let me know ASAP. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP I can send them to you in the mail or arrange to get them to you in time to shop on 5/15!
The fine print:
MACY’S COMMUNITY SHOPPING DAY – SATURDAY MAY 15, 2010
Community Shopping Day is charity shopping day event that offers the opportunity for local nonprofit organizations to raise funds in their communities.
This event is implemented in select stores in the Macy’s Northwest and Southwest trading areas. This spring, Community Shopping Day will be held May 15, 2010, in:
* California Locations: Del Amo Fashion Square, Torrance; Fashion Square, Sherman Oaks; Fashion Valley, San Diego; Galleria, Roseville; South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa; Stoneridge, Pleasanton; Town Center, Palm Desert; Stanford Town Center, Palo Alto; Union Square, San Francisco; Valley Fair, Santa Clara; Victoria Gardens, Rancho Cucamonga
* Hawaii Locations: Ala Moana, Honolulu
* Nevada Locations: Fashion Show, Las Vegas; Meadowood, Reno
* Oregon Locations: Washington Square, Tigard
* Washington Locations: Bellevue
How it works:
Qualifying nonprofits earn funds through the direct sales of Community Shopping Day tickets by keeping 100% of the proceeds.
During Community Shopping Day, customers will enjoy special happenings throughout the store, and will receive an exclusive 10 to 20 percent discount on almost all purchases, plus an additional $10 off of one purchase of $25 or more.
Tickets have three sections:
1. Reusable discount: The main portion of the ticket is to be kept by the customer so they may enjoy the ticket’s discount repeatedly during the event date. Ticket may also be shown if pre-selecting merchandise between May 5 – 14; pre-selected merchandise is rung up on 5/15. The ticket discounts apply to regular, sale and clearance merchandise. See the ticket for a list of exclusions.
2. Savings Certificate: The “Savings Certificate” is a perforated coupon in the center of the ticket that offers a $10 savings on any single purchase of $25 or more on Community Shopping Day (cannot be combined with the ticket’s 10 to 20% discount).
3. Enter For a Chance to Win: This perforated stub at the bottom of the ticket allows customers to enter a drawing for a chance to win a $500 Macy’s shopping spree (must be returned on event day at the specially designated turn-in table). Charities should stamp their name on this portion prior to distributing tickets; this is how Macy’s tracks store attendance by charity.